Image Source: livelaw.in
An urgent application has been filed by Anjuma Intezamia Masjid in the Allahabad High Court stating that the judge is acting "in the most arbitrary manner" and "to establish himself as above the judicial hierarchy."
The application states that the HC reserved the judgement in this case and the civil judge has full knowledge of the pendency of the matter before the High Court and despite this, all lower court kept on passing orders on interim application of the opposite party.
The Civil Court on April 8 passed the following directions in the disputed matter of Kashi Vishwanath-Gyanvapi Masjid Mosque:
1. the Director-General, ASI shall get a comprehensive archaeological physical survey of the entire site.
2. the prime purpose of the Archaeological Survey shall be to find out as to whether the religious structure standing at present at the disputed site is superimposition, alteration or addition or there is a structural overlapping of any kind, with over, any other religious structure.
3. the committee shall also trace as to whether any temple belonging to the Hindu community ever existed before the mosque question was built or superimposed or added upon it at the disputed site.
4. if so, then what exactly is the age, size, monumental and architectural design or style of the same, and also, as to which of the Hindu deity or deities the same was devoted to.
5. For this purpose, the DG shall constitute a 5 members committee of "eminent persons" who are experts and well versed in the science of archaeology, two out of which should belong to the minority community.
6. The committee shall be entitled to enter into every portion of the religious structure standing at present at the disputed site, and every artefact supporting the plaint or defence version shall be properly preserved.